How often do I get into the trap of waiting for when . . . , then . . . ?
- When the kids are home, then we’ll talk about this issue.
- When I preach the right sermon, then people will change.
- When I change churches, then I can truly worship.
- When I get a better job, then I’ll think about remodeling the house.
- When I lose weight, then I’ll have more friends.
- When my hair grows back, then I can be more outgoing.
- When I get a bigger house, then I can invite people over.
- When we get out of debt, then we can give back to God.
- When my kids come back to my church, then we’ll be a family.
- When other people change, then I’ll finally be happy.
- When I finish school, then I’ll think about leading.
- When I retire, then I can serve.
Rather than wait for when, how can I enjoy God’s blessings now? How can I serve God right now? How can I inject more “life” into my life today?