Book Review: What Happens After You Die: A Biblical Guide to Paradise, Hell, and Life After Death, by Randy Frazee
If a friend on their death bed asked, “Is belief in Jesus enough to get me into heaven?” how would you respond? That question was posed to pastor and author Randy Frazee by his mother. While he answered his mother with a confident, “Yes,” the question bothered him enough to do a thorough study of the Scriptures. The results of his study are explained in his latest book, What Happens After You Die: A Biblical Guide to Paradise, Hell, and Life After Death.
Pastor Frazee deals with the five most important questions about life after death.
- Is Jesus enough to get me into heaven?
- What happens if I die without Christ?
- What happens if I die with Christ?
- What happens if I don’t know Christ when he returns?
- What happens if I do know Christ when he returns?
In addition, he also answers questions such as:
- Are there such things as ghosts?
- Are our loved one in heaven watching over us?
- Is there such a thing as purgatory or Limbo?
- Are there different degrees of hell?
- Can we earn wings?
- Will rewards be given out?
- Will there be pets in heaven?
- Will we keep our memories or regrets from life now?
- Will there be marriages and family in God’s new kingdom?
- What will our resurrected bodies be like?
- What will we eat?
- What will a day in the life on the new earth be like?
- Do we have guardian angels?
- Is it okay to be cremated?
- What about people making predictions about the return of Christ?
- What about life-after-death and near-death experiences?
As Frazee explains in the opening chapter, the book was born out of a deeply personal search for truth after his mother’s death. Throughout the book, he attempts to separate what is simply cultural tradition from what is truly biblical. He explains not only the death Jesus came to save us from but also the life he came to save us for.
The book is very helpful and encouraging. It clearly explains what Scripture says about what happens after we die.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.