I continue to take more baby steps in my path towards recovery. Over the past two weeks, I’ve seen improvement in small, but significant ways.
- I started wearing jeans. Considering I lived in sweatpants for almost three months, wearing jeans was a significant step towards normalcy.
- I graduated from a walker to crutches. They feel a bit awkward and I have to consciously tell myself how to walk, but it is progress.
- I started driving again. Carol took me to the local high school where I drove an empty parking lot. Getting in and out of the car is still a huge challenge, but I have a bit more freedom now. Carol no longer needs to take time off from work to take me to doctors’ appointments or therapy.
- I began outpatient physical therapy, which will continue until mid-March. Now I can hurt in new and different areas as the therapist works to increase my strength, flexibility, and mobility.
- I purchased airfare and hotels for my April trip to Russia. My primary care physician will do another ultrasound on my leg in March to check on the status of the blood clot(s) and then advise me on any limitations or restrictions for traveling.
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.