Thanks to God’s grace and your prayers, my passport and visa to Russia arrived this morning. Considering I leave in 10 days, it arrived none too soon!
On this trip, I will be teaching a three-day course on the Harmony of the Gospels in two locations—Anapa and Elista, Russia. So far, 25 students have registered and the number will probably increase as we get closer to the date. Last year, 43 people from 4 cities attended the classes.
At this point, the preparations are essentially complete. My notes are ready to go. I made copies of my handouts in Russian to take along. I purchased short-term ministry trip insurance. The only thing left to do is get some dental work taken care of and then pack.
Here are some items for your intercessory efforts:
- Passport and visa to Russia arrived in a timely manner without complications.
- The trip is fully funded.
- Carol and I enjoyed a wonderful, refreshing time at the SonScape Retreat in Colorado.
- I am finally healthy, having gotten over a cold/cough that plagued me for two weeks.
- The students who will attend.
- Safe travel.
- Good health.
- Effective ministry.
- Dental work—I’m getting a root canal in a tooth on Monday.
- Good Friday and Easter services this weekend.
- Pray for Carol as she remains at home.
While you are praying, could you also pray that God will provide the necessary funds for Carol and me to minister in Moscow this fall in October? We will be part of a team teaching a week-long seminar on leadership development—identifying and training young, emerging leaders in the church. So far, $825 has been given towards the $4,200 needed for the trip. My prayer is that God will provide the total amount by June so that we can purchase airfare and make plans. If you would like to support the trip financially, please send a check to First Central Bible Church, 50 Broadway St, Chicopee, MA, 01020. Checks should be made out to FCBC with “Moscow Conference” in the notation line.
Thanks so much for your prayers, encouragement, and support. I’m grateful.