Many churches avoid talking about money because we are afraid of turning off unbelievers, who think “they always talk about money.” And yet, Jesus said more about money than any other subject, including heaven and hell combined. When we do teach on the topic, we tend to focus on the principle of stewardship and wisely managing what God has given us. In so doing, we neglect the principle of generosity, that God loves a cheerful and generous giver.
The sermons in this series aim to change our minds about money. Rather than approaching the topic with a scarcity mentality—there’s only so much to go around so we better not squander it—we want to approach it with an abundance mentality—God has blessed us so that we can bless others.
To listen to the sermons in this series, click on the link for the audio file. To save the sermon to your computer, right click on the link and then follow the prompts to “save target as” (Internet Explorer) or “save link as” (Firefox & Chrome).
May God help you to open your heart and your wallet so that you can bless others.
- “Money Talks” – Mark 12:41-44; Proverbs 3:9-10; Malachi 3:10-12 (September 27, 2015) – Sermon notes
- “The FAQs about Giving” – 1 Chronicles 29:10-22 & 1 Corinthians 16:1-4 (October 4, 2015) – Sermon notes
- “The Cycle of Grace Giving” – 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 (October 11, 2015) – Sermon notes
- “How Are You Investing Your Life?” – Matthew 25:14-30 (October 18, 2015) – Sermon notes
- “The Heart of Generosity” – Acts 5:1-11 & 2 Corinthians 8:1-5 (October 25, 2015) – Sermon notes